DYLON Pre-dye allows you to change from one strong colour to another (e.g. from brown to Tulip Red). Also, use Pre-dye in case you want to achieve a lighter colour (e.g. brown to Sandy Beige).
- 1 pack is suitable for up to 250 g / 8 oz dry weight fabric.
- 250g / 8oz of salt (the quantity of water and salt must be increased proportionately with the number of packs used)
- Rubber gloves
- Flat bottomed bowl
How To Use
- Weigh dry fabric. Wash fabric thoroughly even if new to remove stains or dressings which may not be visible to the eye and leave damp.
- Wearing rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 1 litre/2 pints of warm water stirring thoroughly.
- Put 6 litres/12 pints hottest tap water into a flat bottomed bowl, or stainless steel sink (please note we do not recommend a bath and dye may stain some plastic containers).
- Add 250g/8oz of salt, stir well, then add dye solution.
- Put unfolded damp fabric into bowl, dye for one hour. Agitate continually for first 15 minutes by squeezing the dye through the fabric and lifting out of the solution. Stir regularly for another 45 minutes, keeping fabric submerged.
- Rinse in cold water until water runs clear, then wash separately in hot water using normal washing detergent. For wool and silk, rinse in lukewarm water.
- Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Wash garment separately for first few washes to remove excess dye.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.